Christmas Tree Recycling
Give the Earth a gift by recycling your Christmas tree after the holiday season. The Integrated Waste Management Division has an easy, convenient and free program to recycle Christmas trees from December 26, 2013 through January 17, 2014 (excluding January 1st). Call the Integrated Waste Management Division at (818) 548-3916 or view/download the Daily Collection Areas PDF to determine your refuse collection day.
To Recycle Your Tree:
- Remove all ornaments, decorations, buckets, bags, stands, bars, nails and most tinsel. Flocked and trees coated with fire retardant are acceptable.
- Cut trees greater than eight feet tall in half.
- Place the tree at the curb or in the alley for pick-up on your refuse collection day.
Single Family Homes
- Place trees next to refuse on service day.
Multi-Family Residents and Businesses
- Place trees together in the parkway by 7:00 am of the collection day (beginning at 7:00 pm the night before).
- Do NOT place Christmas trees in refuse collection rooms.
Last modified: Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:42:52 PM