Glendale City Jail
The Glendale City Jail opened its new state of the art fully automated podular jail
facility on January 26, 2005.
The Glendale City Jail is certified as a Type I Jail Facility.
32,000 square feet
Number of cells:
Number of beds:
The Glendale City Jail is the third busiest municipal jail in the county of Los
Angeles. Approximately 500-700 persons are booked into the jail each month.
All visitations are conducted via video visitation daily between the hours of 1
pm to 4 pm for 15 minutes. Inmates are allowed two visits daily. Only one person
is allowed admittance for each of the two afforded visitations.
Description of Cells
- Double occupancy
- Standard state regulated 10 x 8 configuration
- Toilet, washbasin, water fountain, and a shower in the day room area are provided
(Click to see larger version)
The Glendale City Jail
complies with all Federal State and local laws, ordinances and regulations that
govern and regulate the housing of inmates.
The Jail Facility consistently receives exceptional ratings by inspecting authorities
due to its high standards and is frequently inspected by
- The California Corrections Standards Authority
- The Los Angeles County Grand Jury
- The Los Angeles County Health Department
- The Los Angeles County Juvenile Court
It is staffed by fully trained custody officers who attend one of three Correctional
- The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Custody Assistant Academy
- The Riverside County Sheriff’s Correctional Academy
- The Orange County Sheriff’s Correctional Academy
The Glendale City Jail contracts with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
Food Services Unit. Inmates receive two cold meals per day and one hot meal. A variety
of meals are served that vary from corn flake cereal to peanut butter and jelly
sandwiches, meatloaf, turkey sandwiches, and spaghetti dinners.
Click on images to see larger version.
"Pay-to-Stay Weekender Program"
Last modified: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:20:14 AM