Alan Loomis - Principal Urban Designer
Alan leads the City's Design Studio, which is responsible for developing and administering design policies, guidelines and historic preservation programs, in addition to providing design advice to city departments and boards.
He has over ten years experience in private architecture and planning firms, where he directed urban design projects for Pomona College, the University of California Santa Barbara, North Montclair, Azusa, and various other locations in California, New Mexico and New Jersey. Additionally, he teaches urban design for the School of Architecture at Woodbury University in Burbank.
Alan's duties include:
He has Masters of Architecture from the Southern California Institute of Architecture and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Detroit Mercy.
- Design Review and Historic Preservation Policy
- Implementation of Downtown Specific Plan/Mobility Study
- Design Review advisor to Redevelopment Agency
- General Plan/Design Guideline review
- Hang glide in the Sierras
- Jetski off the Bahamas
- Tend to his winery and organic farm in Los Olivos.
Last modified: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:26:41 AM