Adult Recreation Center
201 E. Colorado Street
Glendale, CA 91204
For information regarding the construction of the new Adult Recreation Center, click here.
Hagop Kassabian - EMAIL
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
George C. Hopkins Construction Co., Inc.
Projected Completion Date:
19,100 square feet
CIP Funds; Los Angeles County Safe Park Act (Proposition A and Proposition A Competitive),
Glendale Redevelopment Agency Funds
- The proposed ARC project will consists of the demolition of the existing Recreation
and Nutrition buildings and construction of a new Adult Recreation Complex that
includes a new 19,100 sq. ft. single story Adult Recreation center building with
a 700 square foot ancillary building. Extensive landscape improvements, patio and
trellis areas with seating, and parking improvements are also a part of this project.
- The ARC is part of the 3.16 acre Central Park complex located just east of Brand
Boulevard abutting the Central Library. The ARC is within Recreation Planning Area
9 which is deficient in overall park space. The proposed project will be over 50%
larger than the existing facility. The larger project increases the facility’s capacity
for serving the community’s expanding senior citizen population and the consolidated
buildings increase the green space. The facility will provide assembly areas, game
rooms, a gymnasium, a full commercial kitchen, a dining hall for the patrons, and
staff offices. New ADA compliant on site parking and a drop-off area are included
in the design. The project is designed to meet all current ADA requirements.
- The proposed 3.3 acre site will be divided into 31% hardscaped area (1.02 acres)
and 69% landscaped/green area (2.27 acres).
- Tennis courts relocation off site is being investigated to mitigate the loss of
the courts at Central Park.
- The existing ARC is comprised of three structures; recreation (5,600 sq. ft.), meals
(6,500 sq. ft.), and maintenance buildings (900 sq. ft.). The facility is heavily
used and current programmatic demands exceed the capacity of this facility. Consequently,
the ARC facility is proposed for replacement as it has outlived its functional life.
- The existing 3.3 acre site is comprised of 48% hardscaped area (1.72 acres) and
52% landscaped/green area (1.6 acres).
For more information please call hagop kassabian at (818) 548-2864 or contact our
administrative office at (818) 548-2000.
Last modified: Friday, June 14, 2013 11:25:32 AM